Our therapists perform various types of massage, primarily in treatment for injuries from auto accidents, on-the-job mishaps, and the strains of everyday activities. Massage therapy is a type of medical practice requiring a firm background in pathology and utilizing specific treatments appropriate to working with disease, pain, and recovery from injury.
For more information about some of the specific types of massage our therapists practice, please click below.
The Benefits of Massage
In contrast to our ever increasing reliance on chemistry and technology to cure what ails us, massage therapy offers a natural, drug-free approachwith a human touch based on the body's innate healing ability. Studies have shown some of the benefits of receiving regular massage to include:
- Increased circulation
- Increased lymphatic stimulation, the body's defense system
- Relaxes muscles and softens injured areas (aka scar tissue or knots)
- Increases flexibility.
- Reduces an athlete's recovery time and helps prepare for competitions
- Releases endorphins for pain relief
- Assists with shorter labor time during child birth
These are just a few of the potential benefits of massage therapty. Be sure to talk to your therapist about what you hope to achieve from your treatment.